CERN Computer Security Announcements(Previous announcements are here.)
Security needs you
"Academic freedom is a valuable thing, but like any kind of freedom, it comes with responsibility... It is the responsibility of all of us, not just the experts in the IT Department, to protect our IT infrastructure while striking the right balance between security, academic freedom and the unfettered operation of our facilities... At CERN, security is not complete without you."
(Read more in the CERN Bulletin)
At CERN, due to its unique academic environment and the associated academic freedom, computer security has been delegated to CERN's users:
|At CERN, the individual users are in first instance responsible for securing their computers, networks, data, systems & services.|
The Computer Security Team - and the IT department - are ready to help users assuming this responsibility assist you in this. On this Web site, you can find
- The CERN Computing Rules, i.e. the "Dos" and "Don'ts" for using CERN's computing facilities;
- Recommendations, i.e. tips, hints & best practises intended to helping you to properly assume this responsibility;
- Training courses and material for starters & experts;
- Security Services provided for you by the Computer Security Team; and
- Reports & Presentations featuring monthly reports, theses, reports from conferences, dedicated presentations & much more.